Tuesday, March 9, 2010

AutoCAD 2008 and 2009 Based Software and Window 7

Hello everybody is been a while since my last post, but I am back…
Since Microsoft lunch Window 7, we have received a lot of calls asking if they can install AutoCAD 2008 or 2009 based products on their new computers…. Well first of all, it is important to understand that Window 7 is a brand new OS, went you got your AutoCAD Based software 2008 or 2009, Window 7 wasn’t available yet, so it is a “NOT SUPPORTED OS” for this applications by Autodesk.
They only Autodesk Supported Products for Window 7 are the 2010 releases…
Windows 7 Support for Autodesk Products
Known Limitations with Windows 7 for AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based Products
What exactly these mean to us as users… that I CAN or CAN NOT install the software on my new computer?????????
I have being doing some test here at the office; so far we are being really successful installing and running AutoCAD 2009 based software without any mayor complications; Can you run into some weird stuffs?... Probably, I haven’t run yet into weird stuffs. I use regular AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009, I have done projects, worked on costumer files and be able to share those with them without any problems…
The same situation with 2008 AutoCAD based software; I only had run into this one, which is NOT an AutoCAD issue… it is a Microsoft error….

"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk#\Dr#"

Remember we are on our own, this is an unexplored territory and Autodesk does not support this OS for 2008 or 2009 software’s… we could run into issues, but on the same page, you can count with the AutoCAD online community, and I am sure that somebody like me will help you, so you will never be along….

Have a great day to all!!!
@Civil3DBTF